Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bwahahahahahaaaa! *snerk*

I have a well-developed sense of the absurd.

I think, maybe, it's a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Why else would I be pausing every few minutes to have myself a good giggle over the election of Katharine Jefferts Schori as Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the United States of America?

I was just saying to myself last night that the election was probably going to go in a direction that no one in the blogosphere would see coming. Heck, *I* didn't see it coming, I thought that the cute little Bishop Francisco Duque-Gomez from Colombia would be elected, and I kinda liked him.

It's just the way that the Holy Spirit, in my experience, likes to operate. The Holy Spirit has this annoying habit of backing the underdog.

God bless +Jefferts Schori as she prepares to lead this wacky, wild, wooly bunch into the world.



Heeeee. Our Presiding Bishop is a GIRL!

2 Comments:

At 19 June, 2006, Blogger Talmida said...

Congratulations!!! I freely admit one of the greatest temptations I have for joining the Anglican communion is that my local bishop here is a woman. What great joy for you to see a woman as your presiding bishop.

Mazel tov!

 
At 20 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so freaking cool. Everyone on the blogs kept writing her off as fairly unlikely, so I didn't even hope this would happen. So, so cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home