Monday, June 26, 2006

100th post!

And boy, I wish it was something more deep and meaningful. I am working on a deep and meaningful essay (so what if it's based on a scifi movie, and All Things Seen and Unseen beat me to it?) but my real-world job is in this interesting phase called "End of Fiscal Year", which means I'm just about up to my ears in all the wacky fun I could ever want.

I must add the response at A Certain Church to the General Convention. One of our parishoners was an alternate, but I didn't get to talk to her much because she was caring for the babies and I was on coffee-handing-out duty (these aren't official rostered duties, they're just gigs that people pick up as they see a need). Anyway, before the Prayers of the People, my (female) priest (ordained 22 years this week) said, "Well, this time last week we were praying for the guidance of the Holy Spirit-- hallelujah! Praise Jesus!" and my (female) deacon (ordained 23 years ago last week) led the applause and laughter.

So, now I leave you with a couple of quotes to ponder:

From Hellboy:
Seargeant: Are you a Catholic?
Professor: Yes, among other things.


From Serenity:
Jayne: Shepherd used to tell me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right."

1 Comments:

At 28 June, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

This is your blogcentennial! Yaaaaaay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home