Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Seven Deadly Christian Blog Topics

Oh, sure, there are plenty of topics that get beaten like a Dead Horse in the Christian blogsphere, but these are the top seven that really annoy me (in no particular order):

Homosexuality
Priestly Genetalia
Creationisim vs. Darwinisim vs. Intelligent Design
Just War
Premarital Sex
Abortion
The Death Penalty


Why do they annoy me? Because Christians can't seem to get beyond them to get anything done. No, we think it's more fun to sit around and whine that So-and-so's mean to me because they don't respect my Annointing of the Holy Spirit/Right to Exist and therefore I can't work with them. And we stay stuck in our own little boxes, and we can't even admit there might be a middle way between the two of us.

Yes, I've been guilty of this, too. Mea culpa, and I repent, I turn away from the sin of pride that keeps me from embracing my sibling whose opinions are fundamentally different than mine.

Oh, sure, typing the words is the easy part. Now I'm going to have to stick to it, and actually see if I can't at least see the middle way, if not adopt it.

Oy.

Lord, give me strength!

#1- Creation of the Universe
#2- Dandruff and Movies f/ Mandy Moore
#3- Sexual Orientation: Celibate

3 Comments:

At 09 February, 2006, Blogger jimmy said...

I hear ya sister! I stirred up quite the hornet's nest a few months back when I wrote that I didn't believe that God had a penis. I then mentioned that one of the names of God "El Shaddai" is actually a term for part of the female anatomy. The comments were pretty interesting. If you'd like you can check it out here:
http://culturedrivenlife.blogspot.com/2005/05/tell-me-all-your-thoughts-on-god-cause.html

 
At 20 February, 2006, Blogger jimmy said...

I'm trying again. This time on the topic of Homosexuals and the fact that they are not welcomed in the evangelical church.


Fun, fun, fun.

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Garpu said...

I don't remember how I found your blog, but amen to this list...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home