Friday, January 13, 2006

Book of Daniel Live Blogging

Oh, that's especially comforting, coming from You!

I'm typing along as I watch the show, just some quotes and things.

First of all, there's a reason I'm seeking a monastic path instead of a pastoral one: I wouold have not been able to keep from breaking a golf club over the smarmy parishoner's head.

Fr. Daniel: Our doors are open to everyone.
Smarmy Parishoner: In theory...
Fr. Daniel: No! Not in theory! In fact!
Sr. Mary Hasta: Amen! Preach it!
Br. Landlord (O.V.): You okay?
Sr. Mary Hasta: *embarrassed* Just talking to the television again.


Anyone who thinks this is not a comedy needs to meet reality for a little while. Stuff happens, and if you don't laugh, you're going to wind up with a heart attack or an ulcer or both.

Oh, yay, they mentioned the Vestry. Points for Real Episcopalianisim. Also? Anyone who was complaining about the housekeeper can sit down and hush up.

The Shrine of the Holy Conservatisim is kind of like St. Barnabus, except they actually did sell seats. It's one of the reasons I started attending A Certain Church part-time, too.

Being a geek and someone who loves working with kids, Yoda made me crack up. And just in case you wanted to know, I'm watching professional lacrosse during the commercials. Yes, there is such a thing. Go Lumberjax!

Oh, it's The Sermon (that everyone who's not on the West Coast) is talking about. And it was about a 6. Sorry. I hear better at A Certain Church. Oy. One day remind me to tell you about my encounter with 'Just As I Am'. And the altar guild server in me is wincing at how they are treating those choir vestments!

Anyone who thinks that people only marry their son's ex-wives on television needs to go to my hometown for a few years. And I have been to that dinner. Except Grandma threw a roll at someone's head.

I. Love. This. Show. As a friend pointed out, it's one of the only marriages on television where the two adults work at communicating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home