Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Reach out and touch faith.

I'm trying something fancy. Yes, first person. The reason why every other post was in third person was an attempt at breaking Sr. Mary Hasta away from myself, a true anonymous Interentity. But it wasn't working. We'll see what happens.

I've been busy (like most people) getting myself and my house ready for Christmas (I travel, and all two hours in the air will be spent praying for everyone else traveling while I clutch my rosary beads hard enough to leave dents in my palm-- I don't fly too well).

Weird places have been speaking the Word of God to me. Today, it was Depeche Mode. As a child of the 80s, I was dutifully singing along in my car at the top of my lungs.

Then the lightning struck: I don't own Jesus.

A little slower now.

I.
Don't.
Own.
Jesus.

Matter of fact, it's the other way around, He owns me.

What does that mean? It means that I can't say to someone, "No! Bad monkey! My Jesus don't say that!" It means I can't say, "So-and-So isn't a Real Christian." I'm not in charge. That's kind of scary for a Western person, for an American to think about.

It also means that 'sharing Jesus' isn't like saying, "Yeah, buddy, I've got this great thing, it's called salvation, but you probably won't be interested. I'll just keep it close to my heart, 'cause I'm not sure if I have enough for myself and you."

I really wonder what would happen if we changed our thinking from 'My Relationship with Jesus' to 'Jesus' Relationship with Us'.

Let's find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home