Thursday, July 27, 2006

Coming from you, 'friend' is a four-letter word.

Grar. I'm going to vent now. There's going to be very little high-fluffy-can't-we-all-just-get-along content, so you can skip this, I won't get mad.

* * * * *


I really, really, really love my friends. I have great friends. I don't make friends easily, so the ones I do have I keep around for a long time, like, more than half my life.

Of course, that becomes problematic if, you know, at one point you had a friend who became more-than-a-friend who went back to being a friend and for some reason (maybe from watching too much Sex in the City) believes it's now their job to ensure that you are getting laid.

No, seriously, after saying, "Hi, darlin'!" when I called, the next words out of my friend's mouth were, "Are you getting laid?"

First of all, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Second of all, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!

Ai yah, hui-ah lei! Can people PLEASE stop thinking with their gonads / about other people's gonads for just TEN MINUTES?


If you'll excuse me, now I have to go place some orders for the OB/GYN department.

2 Comments:

At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

Oh, goodness gracious, I went a few rounds today with people who seem to think that because I'm gay, they have free reign to speculate about the frequency of my sex life &c.

I've noticed this a lot lately, where I hadn't before. My identity as a gay man is used for titillation, and then that titillation (which is usually made up in the fevered mind of whoever) is then thrown back at me as proof that I'm an irresponsible, whoremongering, butt-pirating, disease-spreading sinner.

*sigh*

So. Very. Sick of it. So yes, I do understand where you're coming from.

I think at the next Gay Pride parade, instead of that "We're Here, We're Queer" chant, I'm going to be chanting, "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

 
At 08 August, 2006, Blogger jimmy said...

sooo... are you getting laid?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home