Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What follows is one half of a conversation I had before church on Sunday.


In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. O Almighty God, who pours out on all who desire it the spirit of grace and of supplication: Deliver us, when we draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, that...

What? Whaddya want?

You can't be serious.

I'm trying to pray here.

No! No, no, no! We've had this conversation. I've given you all the reasons why not. You gave me the reasons why not.

Yeah, okay, those reasons are now about a decade old but...

Won't You leave me alone, already?

For the love of--well, You-- can I finish my prayers in peace?

Okay! Okay! All right! Fine! I'll do it!

Yes, yes, I love you too.


Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home