Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Lord works in mysterious ways

God talks to me through my stereo.

No, I don't mean God's voice comes through "Oi! Sr. Mary Hasta! I AM the Lord thy God. Verily I tell thee, turn left up here to miss the traffic!"

Although, now that I think about it, that would be nice.

I listen to one of those 'mix' stations, where you never know what kind of music you're going to get next. And this morning, well, I did a silly thing. I read a long, horrible argument where Christians were calling each other names and playing our favorite game, Holier than Thou.

So, feeling all horrible and down at the mouth, one of my favorite songs in the world comes on the stereo, namely "Whitey Ford Sings the Blues" by Everlast. The best lyric, IMHO:
I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
I've seen the good side of bad
And the downside of up
And everything between


And I'm thinking to myself, "Word up, yo. I wish I could show these kids screaming about useless theological points some of the real world. I wish they'd grow up. I wish they'd freakin' wake up!" Had myself a nice little pity party.

Next song?

"We Are Family"



Didn't I say something about a week ago about watching out I don't trip on my pride?

*kerSPLAT*

1 Comments:

At 20 February, 2006, Blogger jimmy said...

priceless...

That's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home