Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm in a bad mood.

I've got the Johnny Appleseed blessing song stuck in my head.

I was one of the chaperones on the Metro East Convocation Youth Event last night.

You try herding 53 teenagers through a mall and see how you feel the next day.

You try explaining the difference between the Episcopal and Roman Catholic Churches to a kid who can't spell "Garage Sale".

You try explaining to another chaperone from a much more affluent church that one of the kids isn't being a pig grabbing three pieces of pizza at a time, but that's how many you told that kid to take at a time, and that kid's hungry 'cause they haven't eaten anything today except a couple of cookies, and their guardian refused to take the 'charity' groceries offered them from the food closet.

You try explaining to the kids that we have to wait another three months for another big event like this because we don't have the money to put it on as an individual church every month.

After a night like I had, I really don't give a flying rat's ass about the American Anglican Council or +Akinola's latest rantings or who the next Presiding Bishop's going to be or even the Da Vinci Code.

I've got kids here who need me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home