Thursday, April 13, 2006

Little bundles of random possibilities

"That's impossible!"
"So's a baby," Lazarus said.

---Robert A. Heinlein, Methuselah's Children

I would like to introduce everyone to Pico.

Pico, this is everyone.

Pico is my brand spankin' new object du spoiling. Although his momma takes no nonsense from no one, and she won't let me spoil him too much.

But I'm going to try my damndest. And as his momma and daddy I have been partners in crime before, I think that Pico and I, working together, will be able to outsmart her at least once in a while.

I'm a little delirious.
Pardon me.
My best friend just had a baby.

'Course, Pico, it's all downhill from here. You're going to meet people who hate you just because of the way you were born, because of the color of your skin, because of the location on the globe where you were born, because of the way you talk and act and dress...

I'm going to do my damndest to help you understand the third most important thing you can learn on this fragile Earth, our island home. You can't make everyone happy.

And here's the second most important thing you can learn here: It's okay not to make everyone happy.

Finally, the ultimate thing that you will learn here, and your momma and daddy and brother, aunties and uncles and teacher and neighbors and even I'm going to teach you this lesson, Pico-poquito, mi corazon, mi amor.

No matter who you are and what you do in this world, there are people who love you.



Welcome to the planet, little dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home