Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm running and I won't touch ground

Ain't nothin' gonna to break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no
I got to keep on movin'
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'

---Men at Work

I was trying to get things organized for my trip (and for my novel, 'cause for the fifth year in a row I'll be participating in National Novel Writing Month-- and yet I'm not taking my laptop to DC. This is going to be INTERESTING). Last night, I paused for a moment to sit on the couch and watch a little Van Helsing with my housemates*... and promptly fell asleep.

So now, not only do I have none of my packing done, I didn't even get a chance to prepare anything for Los Dias De Los Muertos, the main celebrations of which begin tonight and continue through All Souls on the 2nd.

My family never really was one to go picnic in the graveyard, but I still like to have a little memorial up for my loved ones, little sugar skulls, some marigolds, and of course tequila and dulces.

Pause sometime in these three days and welcome home the memories of those who have passed on.

Cry if you must.
Laugh if you can.
Love them always.



--------------------------
* Not counting myself, there are six people living in my house. And we still have one empty room.

1 Comments:

At 31 October, 2006, Blogger Garpu said...

What's your author name? I'll add you. I'm garputhefork. Think I have some idea of what I want to write about...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home